What is cashback and how does it work? Cashback is when you earn money back when you make a purchase, you can also earn cashback for completing a survey, taking part in a trial or comparing quotes via a cashback site. Cashback sites provide the functionality and tracking needed for retailers and companies to know where the referral to their website came from.
You can earn cashback on retail purchases for almost all types of goods (i.e. including: toys, food, furniture, electrical, fashion, fragrances, gifts etc), as well as many other types of purchases including:-
- Finance: Credit Cards, Insurance, Stocks & Shares ISAs
- Utilities: Mobile Phones, Telecoms
- Travel: Cars, Car Rental, Airport Parking, Holidays
- Leisure & Food: Gym Memberships, Theatre Tickets, Restaurants, Take-Aways & Delivery, Wine
- Other: Health & Beauty, Auction Sites, Charities, Online Cards, Pet Food/Products/Medicine
Figures show that, on average, people earn £200-300+ per year with cashback sites, plus you can still earn shopping cashback with many retailers that you may already shop with online. If you buy your purchases using a cashback credit card, and also find a voucher code to use when you checkout – you can save even more on your original purchase! As well as earning cashback for yourself, if you wish, you can also choose to donate some or all of your cashback rewards directly to charity!
How Does Shopping Cashback Work?
- Register with a reputable cashback site & login
- Search the cashback site for the retailer(s) that you want to shop with
- Click on the special link to the retailer’s website
- Shop and checkout on the retailer’s site
- Start earning your cashback rewards!